Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer


Ryan O'Neal has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

"Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer," said the actor, who has successfully battled leukemia, in a statement released by his rep.

"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel deeply fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery," the statement adds.

Old Ryan O'Neal Pic

"I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."

O'Neal, 70, was treated in the late 1990s for myelogenous leukemia, which causes the bone marrow to produce too many white blood cells.

The latest diagnosis comes three years after he lost the love of his life, Farrah Fawcett, who died of cancer at 62. They have one son, Redmond O'Neal.

Here's wishing him a fast and full recovery.

april 9 albatross louis oosthuizen phil mickelson instagram 10 year old gives birth c. difficile

No comments:

Post a Comment